DUE DATE: January 18th, 2023.
The 2023 Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) promotes seed capital to alumni
teams of two or more participants to develop a public service-oriented project in Costa Rica.
The concept paper needs to be two pages long maximum, including any of the following
1. Bring alumni together from different exchange programs to build or expand an alumni
network capable of working together on common interests to increase alumni collaboration in
2. Strengthen the relationship between alumni and the United States Government
addressing mutual goals and challenges between both countries.
3. Support alumni in developing leadership capacity to implement projects that benefit
communities such as but not limited to: youth and women in economically disadvantaged
communities, communities outside the San Jose metropolitan area, and populations in
predominantly minority communities.
II. REQUIRED INFORMATION
1. Name and contact information of an alumni team of at least 2 U.S.G. alumni (include
phone number, exchange program, year of participation, email address for each team
member and their role in implementing the proposal).
2. Title of proposal
3. Core objective(s) indicating which theme (s) it supports and how
4. Core outputs and outcomes expected
5. Proposed timeline for the activities (by August 2023)
6. Amount to be requested ($5,000 to maximum$35,000) and a general budget.
7. Explain how the impact of the project will be monitored and evaluated.
1. Support for press freedom; combat disinformation/misinformation in Costa Rica.
2. Support for diversity, equality, inclusion, and accessibility for Afro-Descendant or
3. Expand STEAM, workforce development, and English teaching and learning
opportunities for young people, particularly outside of the GAM.
4. Community resilience, engagement, and social inclusion for migrant populations.
FOR U.S.G. ALUMNI ONLY
IV. CONTACT INFORMATION:
The alumni teams need to email their Concept Paper to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB
January 18 th , 2023. After reviewing the CPs, the alumni teams selected will be contacted to
submit their full proposals during the week of January 27-31, 2023. The final deadline to
submit their final proposals is February 10 th , 2023.