FOR U.S.G. ALUMNI ONLY
DUE DATE: January 18th, 2023.
The 2023 Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) promotes seed capital to alumni teams of two or more participants to develop a public service-oriented project in Costa Rica. The concept paper needs to be two pages long maximum, including any of the following components:
- Bring alumni together from different exchange programs to build or expand an alumni network capable of working together on common interests to increase alumni collaboration in Costa Rica.
- Strengthen the relationship between alumni and the United States Government addressing mutual goals and challenges between both countries.
- Support alumni in developing leadership capacity to implement projects that benefit communities such as but not limited to: youth and women in economically disadvantaged communities, communities outside the San Jose metropolitan area, and populations in predominantly minority communities.
II. REQUIRED INFORMATION
- Name and contact information of an alumni team of at least 2 U.S.G. alumni (include phone number, exchange program, year of participation, email address for each team member and their role in implementing the proposal).
- Title of proposal
- Core objective(s) indicating which theme (s) it supports and how
- Core outputs and outcomes expected
- Proposed timeline for the activities (by August 2023)
- Amount to be requested ($5,000 to maximum$35,000) and a general budget.
- Explain how the impact of the project will be monitored and evaluated.
- Support for press freedom; combat disinformation/misinformation in Costa Rica.
- Support for diversity, equality, inclusion, and accessibility for Afro-Descendant or Indigenous Communities.
- Expand STEAM, workforce development, and English teaching and learning opportunities for young people, particularly outside of the GAM.
- Community resilience, engagement, and social inclusion for migrant populations.
IV. CONTACT INFORMATION:
The alumni teams need to email their Concept Paper to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB January 18th, 2023. After reviewing the CPs, the alumni teams selected will be contacted to submit their full proposals during the week of January 27-31, 2023. The final deadline to submit their final proposals is February 10th, 2023.