Location: see the map
Email address: ACSSanJose@state.gov
(Note: the Embassy is closed on U.S. and Costa Rican holidays)
We are pleased to offer an online appointment system for your convenience. In case of an emergency, please call 2519-2000 Monday-Friday from 8:00AM-4:30PM. If possible please complete and print all forms and applications PRIOR to your appointment.
Consular officers monitor the general welfare of American citizens in Costa Rica. Please contact us for questions/information concerning the following:
- Death of an American citizen
- Arrest/detention of an American citizen
- Help for American victims of crime overseas
- American citizens missing abroad
- Abduction of a child abroad
- Sending money overseas
- Medical emergencies
- Lost and stolen U.S. passports abroad
Disasters in the United States.